August was not quite as productive as past months because I’d taken nearly two weeks off from writing and the business of it; a break I occasionally need with my full time job. Having said that, I’m going to go easy on myself and choose to be pleased with what I did get accomplished. I think we all need to do that a little more. Yeah. Total trend setter here. 😉
- Draft a Skyler Sullivan short story – Not done, but I did start a mind map to generate scene ideas
- Update and organize my Skyler Sullivan mythology notes – Not done.
- Write the first two chapters of Book Two – I completed chapter one in full, but only finished about half of chapter two.
- Gain a better understanding of Google+ – Done.
- Read Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books by Chris Fox – Done. Though I’m not quite far along enough to implement all of his suggestions, I still found them valuable and something I can revisit in the future. 4 stars.
- Read 2,000 to 10,000: How to Write Faster, Write Better, and Write More of What You Love by Rachel Aaron – Done. 4 stars.
I’ll be moving the items I did not complete to my September goals list below, and vow to get more writing done. I will, damn it!
- Draft a Skyler Sullivan short story
- Edit and complete the short story mentioned above
- Learn to use Mailchimp
- Update and organize my Skyler Sullivan mythology notes
- Write chapter two and three of Book Two
- Participate in the Instagram September Confessions Game
- Read BadRedhead Media 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge: How to energize your book sales in a month
If you set writing goals, I’d love to know what they are. Have a great September!